VALIDATION DATA IN A CELL

  1. #1
    Chris
    Guest

    VALIDATION DATA IN A CELL

    Hi, can some one tell me if there's any way I put put some validation or
    enforcement in a cell, where users HAVE to input something and it CANT be
    left blank ? Thanks

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: VALIDATION DATA IN A CELL

    What I usually do in a case like that is to use Conditional Formatting to
    color the cells RED if they are blank, (ie = <> )and they turn white when
    data is entered in them, then on the next function that depends on that
    data, say a SUM function, use an IF to condition it, such as.........

    =IF(COUNT(A1:A10)=10,SUM(A1:A10),"Red Cells must contain values")

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3