Corrupt Excel File

  1. #1
    newbie
    Guest

    Corrupt Excel File

    How to recover corrupt Excel file ?

    One of my Excel file got corrupted.
    I cannot recover it by using Microsoft office Application tool.
    Is their any other way of recovering the corrupt file?
    Regards.

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Corrupt Excel File

    Hi Newbie,

    Some people have reported success in opening contentious files
    using the OpenOffice (OOo) suite which is available as a (> 60MB) download
    at:

    http://www.openoffice.org/

    It is also available as a cd.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Formateur
    Guest

    Re: Corrupt Excel File

    File "A" is corrupted (write down where it is on a piece of paper). Open a
    fresh file call it file "B".Save file "B" in the same directory as "A".
    Then in A1 sheet1 type the following formula:
    =[A.xls]sheet1!a1
    copy the formula down(as far as you need)
    Then copy towards the right(as far as you need)
    You will recover the values only and lose all your formulas & functions. But
    at least you can rebuild from here.
    HTH

    Gilles Desjardins
    [email protected]...