Using MsgBox in Formula

  1. #1

    Using MsgBox in Formula

    Hi All,

    Just wondering if it is possible to use MsgBox in a Formula (without VBA) ie =IF(A1<=10, MsgBox"Order more stock") except when I do it this way I get the old Formula error... I thought it be good to use instead of using conditional formating to change the cell red or without having to program it in VBA

    Cheers in advance
    guzzy

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening guzzy

    No can do I'm afraid - Msgbox is VBA only.

    Your alternatives are conditional formatting, or having "blank" cell contents turn into "Order more stock" when calculated levels become critical, using something like the IF statement that you suggested.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Using MsgBox in Formula

    What's wrong with =IF(A1<10,"Order more Stock",A1)

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP