Sum based on criteria in rows and columns

  1. #1
    EstherJ
    Guest

    Sum based on criteria in rows and columns

    I have a sheet of data which runs horizontally containing 12 months of data.
    I need a formula which will lookup criteria horizontally as well as
    vertically and return the summed value of all occurences. So I would like it
    to sum all instances of FR and abc when row 1 equals Nov-05 and row 2 equals
    OOH.

    A B C D
    1 Nov-05 Nov-05
    2 REP CUST OOH VALUE
    3 FR abc 100 300
    4 FR abc 200 100
    5 JPZ def 300 200
    6 JPZ def 100 300
    7 JPZ ghi 200 100
    8 JPZ ghi 300 200

    Thank you in advance,

    Esther

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sum based on criteria in rows and columns

    =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20="FR")*(B2:B20="abc")*(C1:Z1=--"2005-11-05")*(C2:Z2="OOH"
    ),C2:Z20)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...