Cell formatting

  1. #1
    Gene Hawkins
    Guest

    Cell formatting

    I'm having a problem with Excel (Office 2004) - the worksheet won't accept
    specified formatting. For instance, though I've set the type to 'Date' in a
    column, and told it (for example) to express the number entered as
    '3/14/01', it returns a five-digit number. Similarly, currency values are
    returned as integers, '300' rather than '$300.00'. Any help out there?

    Thanks -

    Gene

    http://www.usenet.com

  2. #2

    Re: Cell formatting

    If this happened to me in xl for windows, I'd try:

    tools|options|view tab
    and make sure formulas weren't checked.

    But I'm not sure how that works in Office 2004.

    If you don't get a good reply here, you may want to post in: