Pivot Table row comparison

  1. #1
    revm2
    Guest

    Pivot Table row comparison

    I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule
    and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot
    table looks like this

    Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3
    A old 3 2 3
    A new 3 4 3
    B old 2 2 2
    B new 2 2 2

    So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A
    in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in
    demand.

    Can someone give me some advice about how to do this
    Thanks for your help
    Ross

  2. #2

    Re: Pivot Table row comparison

    How about an alternative???

    Your raw data looks kind of like this:

    Prod Sched wk# qty

    I'd insert a new helper quantity:

    Prod Sched wk# qty AdjQty

    Under that adjqty, you'd have a formula like:

    =if(c2="new",d2,-d2)

    (negative numbers if the schedule was old)

    Then create a pivottable that just shows the difference.

    Prod Wk1 wk2
    A 3 0
    B -5 5

    What do you think?

  3. #3
    revm2
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table row comparison

    Wow, never thought of that.

    Thanks for the suggestion Dave, I've given it a go and it's helpful
    (nice and quick) but not ideal as I need to display totals so we can
    judge if we can physically make the quantity.

    I'm currently trying to do what i want in VBA by cycling through every
    row and comparing each weeks quantity. If they don't match I highlight
    the cells in yellow. Not got it working yet but I still think there
    must be a better way.

    Thanks anyway,