2 categories

  1. #1
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: 2 categories

    I think a pivot table would satisfy your request.

    Data.Pivot Table
    Select Excel List
    Select your data list
    Layout:
    •Set the rows to be Customer and State
    •Set the data to be COUNT OF STATE
    Select a cell to locate the Pivot Table on
    Finish

    Does that help?

    Ron

  2. #2
    Joe Resler
    Guest

    RE: 2 categories

    I am having a little difficulty using the pivot table. I was able to do a
    count of all orders by customer. But I have not found where to do a count by
    state. Any ideas?

  3. #3
    Joe Resler
    Guest

    RE: 2 categories

    Ron, I was able to do it. Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: 2 categories

    Did you put the State field in the two locations?
    It should be included in the list of Rows AND as a data field (Count of
    State).

    So the Rows list should include Customer AND State.
    That way you'll get totals by Customer by State.

    Does that help?

    Ron

  6. #6
    Ron Coderre