Move Selection after Enter

  1. #1
    Joseph Meehan
    Guest

    Move Selection after Enter

    In the "Tools-Options-Edit" there is a "Move Selection after Enter"
    choice. My girlfriend seems to be having a problem with it changing from
    "Down" to "Right" Is this a known problem? Does Excel try to outsmart you
    on this one and change it based on your last action or something?

    Thanks

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Move Selection after Enter

    What problem are you / is she experiencing? Can't change the dropdown
    to "right"? Is she pressing "OK" after making the change? Excel is
    not trying to outsmart anyone except Lotus.

  3. #3
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: Move Selection after Enter

    I think its fixed, if you select right, you will always move right
    when you press enter!

  4. #4
    Joseph Meehan

    Dave O wrote:
    > What problem are you / is she experiencing? Can't change the dropdown
    > to "right"? Is she pressing "OK" after making the change? Excel is
    > not trying to outsmart anyone except Lotus.

    Sorry, I did not make myself clear. The "it" noted as changing is Excel
    doing the changing without intervention or permission for the change by the
    user. So after using it with Down being the default, maybe closing the
    file and reopening it a few days later, it is defaulting back to right.

    I should have noted that the file is not shared and she is using Excel
    2002 and I am not sure what version of Windows.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

  5. #5