Working with multiple worksheets

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    Working with multiple worksheets

    I have a worksheet that includes about 16 pages and I want to be able to
    change the numbers in the columns on the first page that makes the changes to
    every page in the worksheet automatically. Any help with this would be
    greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    pameluh
    Guest

    RE: Working with multiple worksheets

    What you want to do is create a link:

    Select your data range in the first sheet - Ctrl+C
    Click on the first of the 16 tabs
    Hold shift and click the last tab to select all tabs (when you do this, any
    changes that you make to the active sheet, will be reflected in all sheets
    that are highlighted)
    Highlight the area where you want to paste the copied information to
    Click Edit
    Click Paste Special
    Click Paste link

    You'll notice that excel creates formulas to link the information to the
    first spreadsheet so any changes you make to the first sheet will
    automatically change on the linked sheets. Make sure that you click your
    first tab to unselect all the other tabs before making further edits.

    If you just want to do one number, go to the cell where you want the data to
    go and press = to begin a formula, then click on the tab where the
    information you want is located, click on the cell with the data and press
    enter. Voila!

    Hope this is helpful!

    Good luck,

    Pamela