Cond Format: Expiry Date Alert

  1. #1

    Cond Format: Expiry Date Alert

    Does anyone know how to solve this one?

    I have passport expiry dates and I would like to conditionally format them so that 6 months before the passport expires, the cell containing the expiry date changes red.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Barry
    Guest

    RE: Cond Format: Expiry Date Alert

    use conditional formatting

  3. #3
    Sorry, maybe my question wasn't clear.

    I want to use conditional formatting but I need the formula to solve the expiry date problem.

  4. #4
    B. R.Ramachandran
    Guest

    Re: Cond Format: Expiry Date Alert

    Hi,

    Select the range containing the passport expiry dates (e.g., A2:a501), and
    use the following conditional formatting formula,

    Formula Is =DATEDIF(TODAY(),$A2,"M")<6

    and format the cells as you wish. This would format the cells where the
    expiry dates are less than six months from the current day (e.g., on
    11/03/2005, it would format the cells where the expiry dates are 05/02/2006
    or earlier)

    Regards,
    B. R. Ramachandran

    and select the format