Button Pops up Graph

  1. #1

    Button Pops up Graph

    I wanted to use a pushbutton to pop up a graph. What would be the proper text I would enter in the cell to do this if I wanted to graph column A with column Y as an xy scatter.

    Im hoping to avoid using the VB editer on this if possible.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Button Pops up Graph

    It's not clear what you're trying to do, but you may get some ideas from
    Jon Peltier's instructions for interactive charting:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...ByControl.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Thanks for the reply Debra.

    Some of information on that document helped, and I plan to implement it. Lets say I were to use a list form like the ones on that page to pick the value I want to graph. How could I have a button that when i press it, would bring up a graph with time a time value on the x axis, and then the selected data array on the Y axis?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Button Pops up Graph

    If you follow the examples on the page, you don't need a button. The
    chart changes when you select an item from the list.