List function in earlier Excel versions

  1. #1
    John_Carty
    Guest

    List function in earlier Excel versions

    How can I replicate the Excel 2003 LIST function in an earlier version of
    Excel, say 2000? I want to keep subtotals visible at the bottom of the
    worksheet at all times and to dynamically update when filters change.
    Although I am not concerned about inserting new rows...

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Regards,

    JC

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: List function in earlier Excel versions

    You can't

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    John_Carty
    Guest

    Re: List function in earlier Excel versions

    I find that difficult to believe since the autofilter capability, subtotal
    function, etc. are sill accessible. What about splitting the window to
    display the bottom of the spreadsheet where the subtotals do exist?

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: List function in earlier Excel versions

    Yes if you split the window you can have subtotals at the bottom visible.
    I wouldn't call that replicate though

  5. #5
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: List function in earlier Excel versions

    Hi John

    I usually insert a row above my header and use
    =Subtotal(9,range)
    With Freeze Panes on to keep the headers visible, the totals are also always
    visible for the complete or filtered ranges.

    Regards

    Roger Govier