problems with? I don't know

  1. #1

    Angry problems with? I don't know

    Morning,

    I use a worksheet at work, which works out all scrap, customer returns and other stuff. The file has about 20 different tabs showing graphs and various tables linked together. There is one sheet which shows its months 'customer returns'. The footer on this page needed to be edited as is shows information from 2003. (We copied and renamed this to create this 2005 copy). I edited the header and footer with the information needed and pressed ok. This is the wierd part; I then looked at another tab within that document then went back to the tab where I edited the information, I looked at the print preview button and it showed the header and footer as it it hadn't been altered. I have tried saving this after I edited the header and footer and it still doesn't work.

    I am getting very frustrated about this, if there is there anyone that can help then reply back

    Thanks

    Cliffhanger79

  2. #2

    Re: problems with? I don't know

    You may have a friendly macro trying to help out.

    If you close excel and reopen in safe mode...

    close excel
    windows start button|Run
    excel /safe
    (hit enter)

    File|open your workbook

    And see if the change sticks.

    If it does, then close excel and reopen normally.

    Open your workbook
    rightclick on the excel icon to the left of the File|edit|view|... options
    select view code

    You may have a workbook_beforeprint event that's trying to control what goes in
    the headers/footers.

    If you see stuff that you don't understand, it might be better to take the
    workbook back to the developer and tell him or her about your situation.