How to add date format into if statement?

  1. #1
    Eric
    Guest

    How to add date format into if statement?

    Does anyone know how to add date format into if statement? such as
    If(A1="1-Mar-2005", 1,0)
    Thank you
    Eric

  2. #2
    Eric
    Guest

    RE: How to add date format into if statement?

    I want to determine whether the day and month only are within certain period?
    such as
    If "10-Mar-2005" is between "1-Mar" and "14-May" and ignore the year, then
    return 1, else return 0.
    Reture value should be 1 in this case.
    Thank you
    Eric

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How to add date format into if statement?

    One way:

    =IF(A1=DATE(2005,3,1),1,0)

    or, more efficiently

    =--(A1=DATE(2005,3,1)

    since XL treats boolean operators (TRUE/FALSE) as 1/0 in math operations
    (negation, then negation again).

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to add date format into if statement?

    See response in worksheet.functions

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: How to add date format into if statement?

    Thank everyone very much
    Eric