Change email addresses

  1. #1
    Frank C
    Guest

    Change email addresses

    I have a column that contains email addresses. Each time I try to change the
    contents of a cell it opens word as the email editor for that address How do
    I stop this without negating the hyperlink? Also, How do i change the font
    for a column?
    Thanks
    Frank C

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Change email addresses

    Select the cell with the arrow keys (not the mouse) and edit in the formula
    bar.

    To change font for the column, select the column and Format > Cells...> Font

    and make your selections
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3

    Re: Change email addresses

    I like to sneak up on the cell.

    I use the mouse to select a cell close, then I use the arrow keys to get to the
    cell I want.

    You can also click on the cell--but hold the click a little longer until the
    finger changes to a block cross.

    Select the column
    then apply the format you want
    format|cells|font tab

  4. #4
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: Change email addresses

    One way to keep the link from activating your default mail editor, is to
    hold the ctrl key when you click on the cell containing the email address.
    Then you can either press F2 to edit the contents or just click on the
    forumla bar.

    HTH,
    Paul

    news:[email protected]...