linking a file to another linked file in excel

  1. #1
    buckeye
    Guest

    linking a file to another linked file in excel

    I have 3 files. #1 is the source, #2 contains links to #1 and #3 contains
    links to #2.
    Is it possible when the data in #1 changes to have those changes update when
    I open file #3 without first opening and/or saving file #2?

  2. #2

    Re: linking a file to another linked file in excel

    I don't think so.

    #3 doesn't even know that #1 exists. So it would be pretty amazing if it
    worked.

    Why not just change the links in #3 to point directly to #1 (well, for some of
    them, anyway).