round up a function RESULT

  1. #1
    Lynne
    Guest

    round up a function RESULT

    I know how to round a cell, I know how to set up a function in a cell but I
    am trying to round the result of the function that I have already set up in
    the cell

    =PRODUCT(I62,D63) - is the current cell function
    I am taking that and the next step is multiplying that to get a
    percentage.... .025 percent....that ends up equaling something like 1434 and
    I need to get that cell to

    ROUND up to the next 50 or round down 50....does this makes sense?....it is
    driving me crazy your help is greatly appreciated!!!

  2. #2

    Re: round up a function RESULT

    =ceiling(i62*d63,50)
    or
    =floor(i62*d63,50)

    Take a look at excel's help for more info.

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: round up a function RESULT

    Take a look at =CEILING() For example =CEILING(your expression,50)
    --
    Gary's Student

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: round up a function RESULT

    Use the MROUND() function. If you get a #NAME error, Tools>Add-ins, check
    Analysis Toolpak
    To multiply numbers, you don't need the PRODUCT function. You can use the
    multiplication sign instead, if you wish.
    Did you really mean .025 percent or did you mean multiply by .025?

    Your formula might be something like

    =MROUND (I62*D63*.025,50) or =MROUND(I62*D63*2.5%,50)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: round up a function RESULT

    Dave and Gary' student are probably right, but the

    <ROUND up to the next 50 or round down 50....>

    made me think you just wanted to round, not round up

    Anyway, you may have enough stuff now to get it sorted out; if not, post
    again in this same thread

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten