shortcut with command line switch probs

  1. #1

    shortcut with command line switch probs

    Hello,

    I have a shortcut set up which has the target declared as:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" /t "\\path_to_file\myfile.xlt"

    This works fine on my PC. Excel 2000 running on Windows XP.
    Unfortunately it doesnt work on someone elses PC, who asked for my help!

    They have the same software set up, and access to the same folder path.

    When they try to run the shortcut, a window opens and closes almost immediately.

    Help?!

  2. #2

    Re: shortcut with command line switch probs

    If I were a betting person, I'd bet that there was a typo in your shortcut's
    target.

    You may want to get it working via
    windows start button|run

    Then copy it from that window into your shortcut.

    (and you're sure that myfile.xlt actually exists in that location??)