formula support needed

  1. #1
    Johnny D
    Guest

    formula support needed

    i have created a workbook that consist of 13 worksheets, (12 months and 1
    total sheet) to help keep track of employee absent days. I am using alpha
    characters (ie V = Vacation, S = Sick) to determine the missed day. I would
    like for my workbook to add up each "V" taken and calcualted on my "total"
    sheet. HELP????
    my email is "[email protected]"

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: formula support needed

    Hi Johnny:

    A pivot table can help you.

    Let's say you have two columns on a worksheet. Column A has either "V" or
    "S" in each cell. Column B has hours in each cell. Put a label on top of
    each column "Code" and "Hours".

    the formula =SUMIF(A1:A1000,"=s",B1:B1000) will return the sum of the "s"
    calues and =SUMIF(A1:A1000,"=v",B1:B1000)
    will return the sum of the "v" values.

    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    TC
    Guest

    RE: formula support needed

    Look at this site. I have used this in a similar way.
    http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html#CountIf