The color of a push button

  1. #1
    Bobby
    Guest

    The color of a push button

    I created a button on a sheet to accomplish a certain task. I am able
    to change the text color but not the button it self(which is by the
    way, gray). I use Excel 2000. Can anyone help?
    Thank's ahead.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: The color of a push button

    Bobby, if its from the forms toolbar I don't think it can be changed, if its
    from the control toolbox you can change the background color in properties
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: The color of a push button

    Did you make the button from the Forms tool?
    Try using the button from Control Toolbox; after making it right click and
    open Properties. Now you can change the Background colour
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  4. #4
    Bobby
    Guest

    Re: The color of a push button

    Paul, I did create the button from the
    toolbar(TOOLS->PERSONALIZE->TOOLBAR->and then select FORMS) . I have
    looked at all options can't find a background color properties for a
    button.

  5. #5
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: The color of a push button

    Bobby, as I said the buttons form the forms toolbar can not be changed, use
    a command button, view, toolbars, control tool box, drag a button to your
    sheet and right click on it, properties, back ground color

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: The color of a push button

    Or, you might prefer using a shape instead.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  7. #7
    Bobby
    Guest

    Re: The color of a push button

    Paul, thank's for the info. I am new to the newsgroup, how I response
    to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ?

  8. #8
    Bobby
    Guest

    Re: The color of a push button

    Don G. thanks to you to for the info.

  9. #9
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: The color of a push button

    Bobby, have a look at these sites for more information on newsgrups

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm