Filters Q

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    Filters Q

    I am trying to set up a very simple filter that wil extract all data from
    Cols A:G that has a blank value within Col D. Col D = leaving date, thus my
    new filtered list should just detail existing employees. I'm following the
    very simple instructions but can't get it to work.

    My criteria is in J1-J2. It has the same column heading as Col D and my
    criteria is set as <0

    Any help would be great

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Filters Q

    Use Autofilter.

    Data > Filter > Autofilter

    On column D select NonBlank
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    John
    Guest

    Re: Filters Q

    Thanks Gary, would I not have more flexibility in Advanced Filter?

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    Re: Filters Q

    You would have more flexibility using Advanced Filter. My suggestion was to
    get you a practical solution as quickly as possible. I don't want to
    discourage you from investigating Advanced Filters. Please see:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

    and have a pleasant day
    --

    Gary's Student

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Filters Q

    There are instructions here for using an Advanced Filter to extract rows
    with blank cells:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter02.html#Blank

    --
    Debra Dalgleish