Extra Row in Defined Print Area

  1. #1
    Harry Gordon
    Guest

    Extra Row in Defined Print Area

    I am working with Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet that has some 1000 rows
    in it. I want to set the print area for rows 850 - 950 and that works fine
    EXCEPT that row 504 also gets included in the print area definition. I have
    cleared the print area repeatedly, I have set the print area repeated and in
    every case regardless of what rows/columns I include in a newly defined
    print area, row 504 gets included as the very first row of the print.

    If I don't define a print area, row 504 does not get printed. But as soon as
    I set a print area regardless of where it is in the spreadsheet, row 504
    takes its prominent place at the head of the line :-(. If I delete row 504,
    then the set print area works fine. What setting would be forcing row 504 to
    be included?

    Any suggestions on how to get rid of that row from the defined print area
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you.

    Harry Gordon

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    If you are in File, Page Setup, and select the Sheet tab does the row 504 show in the 'Area' or the 'repeat at top'.

    If you select your area from the Area dropdown can you 'OK' the otions, and re-select File, Page Setup, Sheet again. Does the 504 row show at this point?

    If you then print and re-visit the 'Sheet' options is the Area setting changed?

    Can you determine at what point the corruption occurs?

    Are there any macros or VB code connected with this Workbook that might affect print selection?
    (Tools, Macro, Macros for Macros, or Press Alt & F11 to see VB code)

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Gordon

  3. #3
    Harry Gordon
    Guest

    Re: Extra Row in Defined Print Area

    Bryan, thank you for your reply. Because of a timing situation, I went ahead
    and just re-entered the information in another row and deleted the affending
    row and now everything is working fine. Fortunately, the data was straight
    forward without a lot of formulas or cell references.

    Thanks again,

    Harry

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Thanks Harry.

    [QUOTE=Harry Gordon]Bryan, thank you for your reply. Because of a timing situation, I went ahead