how do I get rid of extra rows

  1. #1
    sarahtar
    Guest

    how do I get rid of extra rows

    I have a large spreadsheet, and for some reason on one page, there are some
    5000 extra rows at the bottom. There's nothing in them - I've selected them
    all, cleared the contents, and asked Excel to delete them, but they won't go
    away. They're making the spreadsheet even larger, and the page navigation
    that much more difficult. Why won't they go away??

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: how do I get rid of extra rows

    Hi Sarah,
    One thing that you have to do to finalize things is to save the file.
    I find that trying to do everything without using a macro usually misses.
    Suggest you try the macro on Debra Dalgleish's site to fix all of the
    worksheets in the workbook.. You cleared the cells you have to actually
    delete the rows and save.
    Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?, contextures.com,
    ---
    HTH,