How can a file be converted from Read-Only to Read/Write

  1. #1
    Jim in Apopka
    Guest

    How can a file be converted from Read-Only to Read/Write

    I don't know what happened. A Read/Write file in EXCEL 2003 somehow became a
    Read-Only file. Now, I can neither write to the file and save it, nor rename
    the file.

    I've tried to use the properties / preferences modes for recovering the
    file, but an error message continues that I cannot save the updated file.

    Is there a way to revert it back to a R/W file?

    Thank you, in advance, for any help.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How can a file be converted from Read-Only to Read/Write

    So what happens if you open the file, save as and use another name?

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim in Apopka
    Guest

    Re: How can a file be converted from Read-Only to Read/Write

    Each time I opened the file I tried to save it under another filename, but
    the message message said that it could not be saved because it was a
    Read-Only file. I could neither make data changes nor filename changes or
    file type changes.