Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

  1. #1
    Timoleon
    Guest

    Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    Help! I'm here at work and I've just upgraded from Microsoft Office
    2003 to Microsoft Office 12 pre-release edition. For the life of me, I
    can't figure out how to open a data entry form in Excel 12! In previous
    versions of Excel it was easy --- just click on Tools->Form. But in the
    Tools grouping in the new Excel there doesn't seem to be any comparable
    thing.

    Can anyone help me? Maybe it's the dementia kicking in, but I need to
    enter a whole lot of data today into my spreadsheet and my boss is going
    to have my head, etc...

    Thanks!
    Tim

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    I have it at home so I can't help you at the moment but the form has never
    been under tools, it was under the file menu data

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    Are you mad? You have deadlines, important business data, and you are using
    a pre-release version of Office 12 to process it? This software still has
    many bugs that need to be ironed out in the many testing phases it has yet
    to go through, and the file format is not guaranteed. You are asking for
    trouble.

    RP

  4. #4
    Timoleon
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Are you mad? You have deadlines, important business data, and you are using
    > a pre-release version of Office 12 to process it? This software still has
    > many bugs that need to be ironed out in the many testing phases it has yet
    > to go through, and the file format is not guaranteed. You are asking for
    > trouble.

    I am most assuredly mad! By the way, Excel 2003 had the form listed
    under Data, not Tools.
    Data -> Form
    Still, I would like this madness to end. Does anybody have any idea how
    to find the data entry form in Excel 12? It seems so crucial and basic
    to using the program, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out.
    Meanwhile, the clock is ticking, and I can smell my bosses' hot breath
    in the distance... (help!!)

    Tim

  5. #5

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    Before you go too far, isn't there a private discussion board for testers of
    office 12?

    I would think that you would have to be very careful not to break any NDA you
    have--no matter how minor it may seem to you.

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    If indeed the OP is a beta tester then he should have access to the
    beta web page and have a user id and can create a password for the beta
    newsgroups

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Timoleon
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    says...
    > If indeed the OP is a beta tester then he should have access to the
    > beta web page and have a user id and can create a password for the beta
    > newsgroups

    Thanks, guys -- I forgot about the beta groups. I'll go over to
    Microsoft and get my user id.

    Tim

  8. #8
    Adam
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    Hehe your nuts!

    I installed that pre-release version of Office 12 and have just
    uninstalled it. Its not finished yet!

    Back to a nice working version of Office 2003, at least I know where
    everything is !

  9. #9
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    It is sheer lunacy to try and use the O12 PR in a working environment as
    anything other than a testbed. I'd be surprised it it wasn't grounds for
    dismissal in many companies that have shareholders, as you are effectively
    entrusting financial data to a release that is not only not final but also
    not supported. Corporate Governence issues sort of spring to mind here.
    Personally, if someone in my team tried that stunt, I'd have them fired.

    > I installed that pre-release version of Office 12 and have just
    > uninstalled it. Its not finished yet!

    Of course it isn't - why do you think it's tagged as pre-release?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  10. #10
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    In my company you would be fired for this. That is lunacy. Use it as a
    test bed by all means, but NEVER EVER entrust real financial data to a buggy
    Pre Release version of anything.

  11. #11
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    Good grief, you are verbose. I said the same thing in 3 words :-))

    Bob

    news:[email protected]...

    ----

    ----

  12. #12
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    LOL - That just beggars belief though.

    Regards

    news:%[email protected]...

  13. #13
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Excel 12: Data Entry Form?

    I certainly agree with you there. But even when pointed out to him he didn't
    see it, and kept going until he finally got fed up with the problems.

    -

    -