How do i compare numbers in cells with formula

  1. #1
    nolechik
    Guest

    How do i compare numbers in cells with formula

    I have a report I am attempting to automate as much as possible. What I have
    done is put in the following:
    Cell J is a current %
    Cell K is my product type (a number 19,20)
    Cell L is =if(k2=19,"65%",if(k2=20,"75%"))
    Cell M I want it to tell me whether the % in cell J is more then L, when I
    input the formula =if(j2>=L2,"Yes","No") it does not change but if I delete
    the formula in L and type a % in it works....HELP

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How do i compare numbers in cells with formula

    Ditch the double quotees around the percentages

    =if(k2=19,65%,if(k2=20,75%))

  3. #3
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: How do i compare numbers in cells with formula

    Hi nolechik

    You are entering your % as text, not as numbers. Excel cannot therefore
    compare the 2 entries. =if(k2=19,.65,if(k2=20,.75)) will do the trick
    --
    [email protected]ve_2nd_at. Stilfontein, Northwest, South Africa

  4. #4
    nolechik
    Guest

    RE: How do i compare numbers in cells with formula

    Thanks a billion!