Showing "Meeting point" of lines in Chart

  1. #1

    Question Showing "Meeting point" of lines in Chart

    Hi,

    I am trying to create a chart (with a data from a table). I'm using excel 2003.
    I manage to do it pretty well, I'm just facing one problem:
    I have 2 lines which are crossing eachother in a curtain point. Is there an option to show this exact point on the chart? (meaning, with the exact X and Y location)
    I couldn't find such option in the chart properties and settings...

    Many thanks!
    JJ.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Showing "Meeting point" of lines in Chart

    Hi,

    If you know the point then this will help. You can ignore the shading
    between lines part.
    http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

    If you need to determine the intersection then this should help.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    thanks Andy,

    I was looking for the exact command or property that I should change, in order for the chart to show the spot and mark it over the X axis.
    I can calculate the point, it's not a problem (I have the lines); i need the chart to show it.

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Showing "Meeting point" of lines in Chart

    Hi,

    The chart will not so it automatically. But you can add data series to
    plot the required points.

    Cheers
    Andy