Can i see the excel coding with out macro?

  1. #1

    Can i see the excel coding with out macro?

    Hi,

    Can i see the excel coding with out macro? I have one design chart in my excel sheet. The sheet has no macros.i want to see that coding. Because I want to create that sheet dynamically. Can i see the coding?. I want to see that coding. Anyother way to find the coding?

    Pls help me.
    Ram

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Can i see the excel coding with out macro?

    Right click on the sheet tab and select View Code to see all the code in the
    workbook.

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can i see the excel coding with out macro?

    What coding do you think exists that is not a macro?

    If I get what you want to do, I would suggest that you turn on the macro
    recorder, create that chart anew, and modify the recorded macro to your
    specific needs.

    RP

    "ramkumar_cpt" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    Re: Can i see the excel coding with out macro?

    If you mean see all the equations in the cells, then just touch CNTRL `

    (CNTRL-TILDA) toggles the equation view
    --
    Gary's Student

  5. #5

    Can i see the excel view coding with out macro?

    Hi all,

    Thanks for your reply. Hi ian I tried ur method. But i could not able to view the codes in your method. My sheet has no macros. Any other method to find the view code.

    Hi Bob,

    I tried to create the new sheet. But I could not able to create the same existing sheet. Allignment, chart size etc has differed in new sheet. if i use same existing sheet code, then i can create the similar one. so i asked.

    Hi Gary,

    Not only formulas i want to know the chart size, alignment, bgcolor, etc.

  6. #6
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Can i see the excel coding with out macro?

    "ramkumar_cpt"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > Hi Bob,
    >
    > I tried to create the new sheet. But I could not able to create
    > the same existing sheet.
    >
    >Allignment, chart size etc has differed in
    > new sheet. if i use same existing sheet code, then i can create the
    > similar one. so i asked.

    Do you mean that you cannot re-create it manually because you aren't
    sure how to do it in terms of the settings?

    If so, then the only other option I can think of would be to use the
    object model and manually trawl through every property of a chart
    object to see what they are set at.

    Something like this perhaps in a standard module (assuming you have
    just the one chart on the active worksheet - if not, then make it so
    that it *is* the only chart on the sheet in a copy of the workbook)
    and always backup your workbook before experimenting with anything:

    Sub ExamineChartObject()
    Set ChartToExamine = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart
    End Sub

    Now step through that macro until the 'End Sub' is highlighted, and
    the use the 'Locals Window' to examine the 'ChartToExamine' object and
    all of its properties / sub-properties down the object tree.

    For example you might find that:

    ChartToExamine.ChartTitle.Font.Bold = True

    That would be quite labour intensive to check every property though!

    Perhaps someone else knows a way to recursively cycle through each
    property and output it as a text string in the above format in a new
    worksheet?

    HTH,

    Alan.

    else associated with me.