disabling the underline when adding a hyperlink

  1. #1

    disabling the underline when adding a hyperlink

    Hello,

    I've made a spreadsheet where the user inputs a hyperlink into a cell.
    However, to make things a little more presentable, I want the hyperlink
    to not have an underline. I can remove the hyperlink after adding the
    link, but I would like to make it automatic so that when the user
    inputs the link it will appear instantly without an underline. Is
    there anyway to do this? Thanks!

    Rick

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: disabling the underline when adding a hyperlink

    I can't tell whether you want the hyperlink or not, since you seem to
    indicate that removing the hyperlink is OK.

    To automatically remove the hyperlink, see

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html

    If you just want to remove the underline, choose Format/Style, select
    the Hyperlink style from the Style name dropdown, click Modify and
    remove the underline in the Font pane. You'll probably want to do the
    same thing with the Followed Hyperlink style.

  3. #3

    Re: disabling the underline when adding a hyperlink

    Thank you so much!

    The style menu was exactly what I needed.

    Rick