Standard Normal Loss Value

  1. #1
    James
    Guest

    Standard Normal Loss Value

    How do I find the Standard Normal Loss value in Excel?
    I can find the function for Standard Normal, but I also need the Loss value.

    James

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    RE: Standard Normal Loss Value

    I have no experience with this usage, but a Google search on "Standard Normal
    Loss" gives many hits. The first being a power point presentation that on
    slide 10 defines the standard normal loss function L(z) as
    =NORMDIST(z,0,1,FALSE)-z*NORMSDIST(-z)
    so it seems to be dealing with the discrepancy between the actual tail
    probability and the 1-term asymptotic approximation to the tail probability

    Jerry