How do I extract text info from 1 excel worksheet into many?

  1. #1
    DG
    Guest

    How do I extract text info from 1 excel worksheet into many?

    I have to design a spreadsheet at work which will contain the results of a
    questionnarre. The first worksheet will contain all repsonses. The first
    question will be the location of respondee, and I wish to create a separate
    worksheets for respondents from each location, so, for example, the 2nd
    worksheet will only contain information from individual responses from
    Nottingham, the 3rd worksheet for Leeds, etc.

    Any help appreciated.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How do I extract text info from 1 excel worksheet into many?

    Hi

    Why not just use Autofilter?
    I assume you have 1 row per response, with a column for each question answered.
    Mark your headers, Data>Filter>Autofilter and use the dropdown on the column
    with location, to filter Nottingham.

    Regards

    Roger Govier