unwanted graphics (horizontal lines)

  1. #1
    Cardinal
    Guest

    unwanted graphics (horizontal lines)

    I do a copy-paste from an html page and the end result is that it
    places a bunch of horizontal lines in my spreadsheet. I can delete
    these graphical lines one by one but it is very time consuming. Is
    there a fast way to select then delete all the graphical lines in a
    spreadsheet? Thank you very much.

  2. #2

    Copy stuff off website.....Paste special into excel.....and then paste as "text only"....

  3. #3

    Ps)

    Sorry if that response is a bit "terse" (I realised when I read it back)

    Kindest Regards
    Mixodorian

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Bristol, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    "To be terse can often create ill feelings, but you will be understood. The verbose individual will not lose friends, they will drift away through boredom".
    - Hugo V. Baxter

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: unwanted graphics (horizontal lines)

    see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shapes.htm

    Sub delShapesOnSht()
    'Dave Peterson, misc 2001-11-12, no loop required
    If ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count = 0 Then
    MsgBox "No Shapes on page for deletion"
    Exit Sub
    End If
    ActiveSheet.Shapes.SelectAll '*** warning DELETE all Shapes
    Selection.Delete
    End Sub

    If not familiar with installing/using macros see
    ---
    HTH,