Paste Special not working

  1. #1

    Paste Special not working

    I have a file with data for a particular week with formulas in the cells which are using this data to produce totals.

    When i copy these cells with the formulas and then "paste special" into a new worksheet for the following week i am not getting correct totals.

    Sometimes when use the paste i dont even get the correct "paste special" dialogue box, instead having to choose a type of paste- excel 8, text or others. Other times when the correct "paste special" box appears, and i select "all" and then paste im only getting the formulas being used cell not actually any data.

    Then, sometimes if i paste i get some data but its not updated with values from new worksheet im working in (not giving correct new total).

    Ive tried on a couple of pcs and pretty sure not profile related - Is there anything in excel that would be causing prob or just bad data somewhere??????????
    Last edited by didemps; 11-24-2005 at 07:34 AM.

  2. #2

    Re: Paste Special not working

    It sounds like you have two workbooks open in different instances of excel.

    Try closing all instances (just to make sure), then open the first workbook.

    Then use file|open to open the second--don't double click on the second file in
    windows explorer.

    ===
    If you want to try to fix this multiple instance problem (if you consider it a
    problem):

    Sometimes one of these works:

    Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

    Close Excel and
    Windows Start Button|Run
    excel /unregserver
    then