Text not fully displayed when text direction changed

  1. #1
    Mikey9131
    Guest

    Text not fully displayed when text direction changed

    I've got a worksheet where most of the text is displayed as usual, reading
    left to right. I've changed some cells so text direction is -90. When I type
    into these cells the first part of the first word is partly hidden. It's a
    bit irritating since the text displays normally in "print preview" and prints
    correctly - it just doesn't display correctly on the screen. Any help would
    be gratefully appreciated

  2. #2
    Gilles Desjardins
    Guest

    Re: Text not fully displayed when text direction changed

    A shot in the dark: Remove any formatting (left, center or right justified)
    by un-selecting their respective buttons.

    Gilles

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mikey9131
    Guest

    Re: Text not fully displayed when text direction changed

    Thanks for the suggestion - tried it but it didn't work. Any more suggestions?

  4. #4
    Gilles Desjardins
    Guest

    Re: Text not fully displayed when text direction changed

    OK, try: Format, Cells, Alignment, Center (horizontal), Center (vertical)