How do I change the year in a range of cells

  1. #1
    Lee D
    Guest

    How do I change the year in a range of cells

    I am updating this years schedule spreadsheet to next years. Since the
    "scheduled" date is the same from one year to the next I only need to change
    the year from 2005 to 2006. Is there a way I can do this for all of the
    cells in a column?

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    Lee

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: How do I change the year in a range of cells

    Since neither is a leap year, you just need to advance 365 days. So type 365
    in some random cell and copy. Then select all your date cells and Edit >
    Paste Special, select the 'add' radio button and click OK.

  3. #3
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: How do I change the year in a range of cells

    Use a dummy column with the formula
    =DATE(2006,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))
    Once you have the whole column filled in, copy and paste special, and select
    values. Then delete the dummy collum.

    You could also use
    =A1+365
    but you would lose a day every leap year (not until 2008 I think).

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How do I change the year in a range of cells

    Very easy:

    1. Highlight the cells you want to change
    2. Pull-down:
    Edit > Find > 2005 in the findwhat field
    2006 in the replacefield and click replace all
    --
    Gary''s Student

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I change the year in a range of cells

    Why not put the year in a cell, and then just build the scheduled dates from
    that cell, something like

    =DATE(M1,11,1)

    etc.

    Then only one cell to change each year.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I change the year in a range of cells

    Lee

    Select the cells or column.

    Edit>Replace

    what: 2005
    with: 2006

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  7. #7
    Lee D
    Guest

    RE: How do I change the year in a range of cells

    Thank you. I knew there had to be an easier way.