copying data from an unopened file programmatically

  1. #1
    maxzsim
    Guest

    copying data from an unopened file programmatically

    Hi,

    I want to copy data from an excel file to another excel file w/o having
    to open the source excel file using codings. Is this possible ?

    tks & rdgs

  2. #2

    Re: copying data from an unopened file programmatically

    It might be possible using ADO (DAO??), but it's beyond me.

    Why not just open the workbook, extract the data, and close the workbook.

    With screenupdating=false, it may not even be noticeable by the user.

  3. #3
    maxzsim
    Guest

    Re: copying data from an unopened file programmatically

    tks Dave for having shown me how to copy the data as values in my earlier
    posting

    reason for me trying to copying data and pasting it as values from an
    unopened workbook is because there are many files and the users would be
    complaining that they have too much to copy. and if i were to use the OS copy
    command , each file is quite huge(due to the many formula in it).

    anyway, tks for ur advice i'll look into ADO/DAO to see if it can be done

    best rdgs,