Excel Find and Replace

  1. #1
    Donna
    Guest

    Excel Find and Replace

    I am trying to edit documents that contain numerous strings of
    alpha-numeric characters, i.e. N1X3556558
    N23G555681
    N356M45465
    What I need to do is remove the the first alpha character along with
    the following numerals up to the second alpha character. I have tried
    to use the text to columns feature but it doesn't work in this case
    because there is no set number of numerals following my first alpha
    character. Is there a way to do this in Excel?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Excel Find and Replace

    Hi!

    Maybe you can use this:

    Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

    =MID(A1,MATCH(1,(CODE(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("2:"&LEN(A1))),1))>64)*(CODE(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("2:"&LEN(A1))),1))<91),0)+1,255)

    Using your samples, returns:

    X3556558
    G555681
    M45465