Incremental numbering

  1. #1
    Jeff H.
    Guest

    Incremental numbering

    I have a created an Excel spreadsheet for printing labels.
    I need to be able to incrementally increase each label count by one, which I
    can do with no problem. I can not figure out how to increase by one if there
    is a word in front of it.
    Example the first label would be: WORD 1001
    The second label would be: WORD 1002

    The WORD would stay constant, but the numbers would change. I would also
    like display a dialog box to ask the user what the starting number would be
    and then automatically prefill the sheet.

    Any suggestions? Thanks, Jeff

  2. #2
    Nikki
    Guest

    RE: Incremental numbering

    not sure this is the best way but here is how i would do it:

    A1 type 1001
    A2 type ="Word "&A1
    A3 type ="Word "&TRIM(RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-4))+1
    copy and paste the formula down
    hope it works for what you need.

    Nikki