Trigonometry

  1. #1
    X_hey_X
    Guest

    Trigonometry

    I've been told that excel does have a formula for using trigonometry, but i
    cannot use it, i did find SIN and COS but when i used them it gave me the
    incorrect answer. i typed in "=100*(COS(60))" and it gave me -95.24 when the
    answer should be 50, what did i do wrong

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Trigonometry

    Read HELP: radians or degrees

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Trigonometry

    You need to use radians, not degrees. Change your formula to

    =100*COS(60*PI()/180)

  4. #4
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Trigonometry

    Excel uses radians so you have to use the Radians function to convert
    your degrees to radians. =100*COS(RADIANS(60)) returns 50
    Ken Johnson