Copy information from one cell to several different cells

  1. #1
    BRyan
    Guest

    Copy information from one cell to several different cells

    I received an Excel document that has 2000 plus names and addresses, however
    they put the name and address together in one cell and I need them in
    seperate cells so I can sort on the address. Is there a way I can take the
    information in one cell and move it to several different cells, without
    having to cut and paste every one of the 2000 cells.

  2. #2
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: Copy information from one cell to several different cells

    If they are separated by a common delimiter, you can use the Data->'Text to
    Columns...' feature.

    Dave