How to bypass the Update link dialog in excel when called from vb?

  1. #1
    chin_yen83
    Guest

    How to bypass the Update link dialog in excel when called from vb?

    Dear All,

    I have a problem in Excel - VB programming. For the purpose of Customer

    Reporting and information, I've develop a VB module to display customer

    information and a link to open an Excel file for detail information.
    The excel file contain datasource in other link.. So, How to bypass the

    Update link dialog ?
    I want the excel file is automatically update link without customer
    needs to choose the option from that dialog.

    At recent i've used this code to open excel:
    Dim objApp As Object
    Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook
    Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet

    Unload Me

    With frmExcelViewer
    .IndexFile = Idx
    .Show

    .wbrExcel.Navigate strFilePath

    Set xlBook = .wbrExcel.Document
    Set xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets(1)

    .wbrExcel.SetFocus
    End With

    Your solution is expected

    Thx,

    Chin Yen

  2. #2

    Re: How to bypass the Update link dialog in excel when called from vb?

    You can open your other workbook in code and specify how the links should be
    treated.

    Take a look at workbooks.open in VBA's help -- specifically for the updatelinks
    parm.