Limits

  1. #1
    Student
    Guest

    Limits

    I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and
    evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have
    that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can
    hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of
    the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column.
    ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Limits

    You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write
    in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within
    the range you want. Then the code would check the value of what you
    entered, and if it exceeds some value the code would reduce the value to
    what you want and insert the difference, or whatever you want, into some
    other column. Writing the code is left to the student. HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...