Find match between 2 columns and then record data that is in colum

  1. #1
    Karl
    Guest

    Find match between 2 columns and then record data that is in colum

    A B C D
    UPCA UPCB INVENTORY RESULT
    55 55 10
    56 57 9
    57 56 8
    90 80 4
    80 90 3
    17 15 2

    I need a formula that will find matches between column A+B then Record the
    data that is in Column C in D. B+C are related fields (fixed)

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Find match between 2 columns and then record data that is in colum

    =IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$7,B2)>0,C2)

    and copy down

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Karl
    Guest

    Re: Find match between 2 columns and then record data that is in c

    Bob everything works except I need to add more to the formula. C2 needs to
    actually represent C????. Or the C cell corresponding to the match in A.
    Right now the formula is find matches in A and B and then Recording C in
    numeric order. I need C to be wherever the A match is. C is always moving.
    so when B2 matches A15 I need C15 to be recorded not C2.
    I hope this is clear.
    thanks again

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Find match between 2 columns and then record data that is in c

    How about this then

    =IF(NOT(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,A:A,0))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(B2,A:A,0)))