Fomula

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    Fomula

    I am currrently working on a project that includes over 30000 entries. The
    thing is, I do not need to do anything with any entry that occurs once. What
    I am looking for is a fomula that will take a colum and sort it by entries
    that occur more that once.
    For ex. If I had 5
    I want in order of most to least, everything that occurs more than once. If
    this works right everything that occurs once will be at the bottom. It is
    basically a sort that does not include the once occuring entries.

    any help is welcome

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Fomula

    The easiest way to get frequency of occurrence or duplicate status on a
    single column of items is to create a pivot table.
    1. Make sure the column has a header cell
    2. Select the column
    3. Pull-down: Data > Pivot Table to start the wizard
    4. On the layout tab, drag the header cell into both the Row area and the
    Data area.
    5. The Data area should show Count of header
    6. Click OK

    The resulting table will show each item in the column and the number of
    times it occurs.

    If you ignore the items with a count of one, you are done.

    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: Fomula

    use a formula such as
    =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$30000,A1)
    and fill this down a help column
    then sort the two columns by the second column
    30000 is a large selection
    it may pay to take a back up first
    --
    Greetings from New Zealand