Find replace problem

  1. #1

    Find replace problem

    Hi

    I have some numbers denoted thus:-

    02:34:56 (they can be any numbers at all separated by Colons

    and I want to replace the last Colon with a dot/period so it is

    02:34.56

    I tried to replace using **:**:** to **:**.** but it fills in with the
    latter

    How can I achieve please

    Neil

  2. #2
    FinRazel
    Guest

    RE: Find replace problem

    Here is a way to achieve this effect without using Find/Replace:
    1. Highlight your column, then Forman-> Cells-> Custom
    2. the format your cells should be in is hh:mm:ss. In the Type: text box,
    change this format to hh:mm.ss

    Now, your column should be fixed.
    --
    Anne Murray

  3. #3
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: Find replace problem

    Hi Neil,

    Perhaps a formula in a helper column and pull down. Then copy and paste
    special values to get rid of the formulas.

    Assumes all are nn:nn:nn to start with, 8 characters.

    =LEFT(E1,5)&"."&RIGHT(E1,2)

    Howard

    news:[email protected]...