More work schedule creation trouble

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    More work schedule creation trouble

    In my last discussion, I needed to deduct a lunch period without listing an
    in and out time. That problem was rectified. Thank you Gord Dibben!!! Now I
    want to total the number of scheduled hours for the week. If I have an
    associate scheduled off for a day, the daily hours worked calculation is
    blown, thus no week total is available. Here's an example of the daily hours
    worked formula - =TEXT((O3-N3)-TIME(0,30,0),"h:mm"). I have created dropdowns
    for the in and out cells that contain times (ie 7:00 AM, 6:00 PM). I would
    like to be able to have a zero time worked value in the daily hours worked
    cell, which I believe should take care of my weekly total hours worked
    formula.

    Thank you in advance!!!

    Paul

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: More work schedule creation trouble

    Hi!

    If someone is off on a day then there will not be an "In" or "Out" time. So,
    maybe something like this:

    =IF(COUNT(N3:O3)<>2,0,TEXT((O3-N3)-TIME(0,30,0),"h:mm"))

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: More work schedule creation trouble

    Biff,

    Thank you very much for the help. Now I've encountered another problem. If a
    part timer works less than 6 hours, they do not get a lunch break (they get a
    15 minute break that is not deducted from their time. Is this another 'IF'
    command? I'm being a little lazy here, only because of the hour. I'll attempt
    this again tomorrow.

    Thanks again!!!

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: More work schedule creation trouble

    Hi!

    You'd have to have some means of identifying the employee as a PT'er. Also,
    what happens if a PT'er works 6 or more hrs? Do they then get the normal 30m
    break?

    Something like this:

    =IF(AND(some_cell="PT",O3-N3<6),TEXT(O3-N3,"h:mm"),not_known_to_me)

  5. #5
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: More work schedule creation trouble

    I should not have specified 'part timer'. Actually, a full timer can have
    less than 6 hours on a given day (full time hours being met on other days). I
    think all I need is something that recognizes whether the associate works
    less than 6 hours and does not get a 30 minute lunch. By the way, your
    formula off my first post worked fine.

    Thanks again for all your help!!!