multiply hours/minutes times dollars for total dollar amount

  1. #1
    Anakin0303
    Guest

    multiply hours/minutes times dollars for total dollar amount

    I've created a spreadsheet to track billable hours, but am having trouble
    with the totals.

    Example: I have a cell which calculates the total number of hours, but then
    I need to multiply the hours by the dollar per hour to get a total dollar
    amount. Please help! :-)

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: multiply hours/minutes times dollars for total dollar amount

    Try

    =total+24*rate

    format as general or currency

    Peo Sjoblom