Put an Outlook contact in an Excel cell?

  1. #1
    Jeremy
    Guest

    Put an Outlook contact in an Excel cell?

    I am building an Excel list, and would like to put into a cell in Excel a
    reference or hyperlink to the Outlook contact for that record. I have tried
    dragging the Outlook contact into the Excel cell, but that doesn't work.

    Is there a way to do what I want?

    Thanks!

    Jeremy

  2. #2
    Laura \( '_' \)
    Guest

    Re: Put an Outlook contact in an Excel cell?

    Just try Insert, then Hyperlink
    :o)

    --
    @---}--
    Laura.....

    news:[email protected]...
    :

  3. #3
    JB
    Guest

    Re: Put an Outlook contact in an Excel cell?

    Laura:
    I am interested in what Jeremy is trying to do. However, entirely new to
    Excel, I don't follow your brief directions ... Could you elaborate step by
    step... as I do not understand the hyperlink procedure

    thanks

    Jerry

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Laura \( '_' \)
    Guest

    Re: Put an Outlook contact in an Excel cell?

    Hiya Jeremy
    In the excel spreadsheet, go to the toolbar (where it has File, Edit, etc).
    Click on Insert.
    Then scroll down those options and go on Hyperlink.
    Then type in the web address link and click OK.
    This should then add a web address onto your spreadsheet, which will look
    like this www.example.com.
    You can then click on that link and it will take you to the site

    Hope that explains everything??

    :o)
    --
    @---}--
    Laura.....

    "JB" <JB@home> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    : Laura:
    : I am interested in what Jeremy is trying to do. However, entirely new to
    : Excel, I don't follow your brief directions ... Could you elaborate step
    by
    : step... as I do not understand the hyperlink procedure
    :
    : thanks
    :
    : Jerry
    :
    : "Laura ( '_' )" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    : news:[email protected]...
    : > Just try Insert, then Hyperlink
    : > :o)
    : >
    : > --
    : > @---}--
    : > Laura.....
    : > Liverpool, England
    : >
    : > "Do you know where you're going to?"
    : > "Jeremy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    : > news:[email protected]...
    : > : I am building an Excel list, and would like to put into a cell in
    Excel
    : > a
    : > : reference or hyperlink to the Outlook contact for that record. I have
    : > tried
    : > : dragging the Outlook contact into the Excel cell, but that doesn't
    work.
    : > :