Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data

  1. #1

    Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data

    I know this may be a "DUH" question, but...

    I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted off of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this info and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyone know if this can be done, and HOW?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    I would think you could use your Excel file for a Mail Merge. Word has a wizard that can walk you through step by step...

    Good Luck

    Bruce
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data

    You use excel as database source and word for mailmerging

    Peo Sjoblom

    "Myn777" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data

    For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

    And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

    http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010390291033

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Thanks for the input. I think that I will have to work on the format of the excel doc before it will work. I think it needs the headings before it will register as a database? Any input?

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data

    Can't see your data so hard to tell.

    You need headings for each column.

    Name, Address, City, State, Zip............as a minimum

    Each record must be on a row under the headings.

    Any of the sites I listed in my posting will show you the format.

    Take a quick tour of the training tutorial to get a feel for it.

    Gord