Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

java based pdf and excel generation

  1. #1

    java based pdf and excel generation

    I am working on a browser based reporting tool and would like to give
    the client the option to save the reports in excel and pdf forms.

    The reporting tool is a part of a WebLogic (Java) based application.
    Ideally I would like to use a Java package that can generate both pdf
    and excel documents. I have come across some tools such as iText (for
    pdf) and Java Excel API (for excel).

    Is there any library which could do both. i.e. a single library which
    can generate both pdf and excel documents?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Marc E
    Guest

    Re: java based pdf and excel generation

    I believe reporting packages such as JReports can do this.

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I am working on a browser based reporting tool and would like to give
    > the client the option to save the reports in excel and pdf forms.
    >
    > The reporting tool is a part of a WebLogic (Java) based application.
    > Ideally I would like to use a Java package that can generate both pdf
    > and excel documents. I have come across some tools such as iText (for
    > pdf) and Java Excel API (for excel).
    >
    > Is there any library which could do both. i.e. a single library which
    > can generate both pdf and excel documents?
    >
    > Thanks

Closed Thread